At Opportunities we aim to provide safe, nurturing, quality care for children and young people with learning disabilities to ensure that they enjoy the experience of being looked after, achieve their full potential and maximise their lifetime opportunities.
Please contact us for individual copies of our Statement of Purpose & Function for each house.
Our main aims are:-
- To work in partnership with all those involved in the person's life to safeguard and promote peoples' welfare and development
- To provide high quality, consistent and nurturing care to people in line with the Current Care Standards to enable them to achieve their full potential
- To ensure that people are cared for in a safe environment
- To empower people who may have suffered abuse, neglect or exclusion; to help them regain self confidence and to recognize their inherent self worth
- To provide people with opportunities to have fun and enjoyable experiences which will allow them to retain positive memories of their time with us
- To continuously seek to improve the quality of care we provide to people through vigorous monitoring and evaluation of our practices and procedures, and by listening to and taking account of the views, wishes and feelings